If you equated happiness to success, than you’re in the right place. I remember growing up thinking that I had to have money, power, and success then I’d be happy. Over the years, I’ve found the map to happiness and it involves none of the three I mentioned.
For most people, going to work is not a choice they make because it makes them happy. Sure, some people have found their calling which gives them passion for their job. If you are someone who has, congrats! If you haven’t found it yet, don’t stop looking.
When I finally realized that the person in charge of my happiness was me and me alone, I was able to take charge of my own happiness. This was an important step in realizing that my happiness cannot come from anyone or anything else. Think about those people who wouldn’t be happy if you gave them $1 million because it wasn’t $2 million. They’re not happy internally, nothing that happens to them will make them happy.
Why You Should Be Happy
- helps your health
- draws others to you
- keeps you focused
- makes you more content
- helps stressful situations
- gives you a servant’s mindset
- is contagious
Steps I Took To Happiness
- Reflected on what brought me joy (think, if I had to do something everyday for the rest of my life)
- Wrote down the list of things that I should be thankful for
- Reminded myself everyday of the reasons I should be happy
- Made happiness a habit. (Remember Happiness is as much a decision as a feeling).
Question: Now it’s your turn. What are you going to do to find happiness? You can leave a comment by clicking here.